we know every person has within themselves the ability to do great things
At the Hendricks Family Foundation, we know every person has within themselves the ability to do great things, to embrace taking a risk in the effort to solve a problem, transform their life, and strengthen their family. We are proud to partner with Acts Housing as they come along-side Christina, and many others in the Beloit community, to help them achieve their dream of homeownership.
Acts Housing’s unique service model is based on the belief homeownership is possible for anyone that’s willing to work for it. Their team consists of a financial counselor, real estate agent and home rehab counselor, who work with the family to:
• Support them in becoming mortgage-ready through coaching, financial education and counseling;
• Find and purchase affordable, sustainable homes right for their family’s needs and financial position;
• Access purchase and rehab loans for families who have been locked out of the traditional mortgage market or are purchasing distressed homes;
• Create homes that are safe and code compliant, pouring sweat equity into their new home when needed; and
• Ensure family occupancy in the home, generally within 90 days of purchase.
Anyone interested in starting the program can take the first step by participating in Acts Housing’s virtual orientation https://actshousing.org/virtual-orientation/
two key neighborhoods in Beloit, the Merrill and Hackett neighborhoods
Acts Housing received a grant award of nearly $1.2 million from the Hendricks Family Foundation to be used over 5+ years. The initiative addressed a key priority for the Foundation – developing the community of Beloit. The project’s design is a proposed innovation based upon replication of an existing program model Acts Housing currently employs in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
For More Information