Foundation investments will be made primarily in Beloit, Wisconsin. The Foundation may consider limited requests for support in the Greater Stateline area. Requests for support outside of Beloit and the Greater Stateline area should begin with contacting Foundation staff for a preliminary discussion of the potential project.
- We will maintain a deep knowledge of the community.
- We will demonstrate a willingness to address generational and tenacious issues.
- We will work proactively to identify and implement solutions targeted to address our identified priorities including the replication of proven practices or innovative approaches that demonstrate strong rationale and potential for success.
- We will support projects that demonstrate evidence of strong community collaboration and participation from multiple funders.
- The Foundation will consider capital, start-up and operational grants. Multiyear grants may be considered.
The Hendricks Family Foundation will generally only consider requests from qualified not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations. The Foundation does not provide support to individuals, be a source of funding for sponsorships or endowments and will not provide funds to lobby or influence public elections.
Requests that duplicate projects or services the Foundation currently supports are discouraged (see Grant Showcase and Grant History for more information). The Foundation will not consider requests over $100,000 without a preliminary discussion of the potential project with Foundation staff prior to application.
Types of Grants
- Small Grants — All grants under $5,000 are considered a Small Grant, regardless of project focus. Organizations interested in requesting a grant under $5,000 should apply for this type of grant.
- Operating Support — New or Existing Project or Activity – A grant greater than $5,000 for operating support of a proposed new project or an existing facility or project.
- Capital Project, Campaign — A grant greater than $5,000 for a capital or facility project.
In general, the Foundation has a Spring and Fall Cycle. Grant deadlines are established for each cycle based on anticipated Board Meeting dates. Deadline information for the upcoming cycle can be found below. The Foundation reserves the right to suspend a cycle at its discretion.
NOTE: Small Grant applications may be submitted at any time.
How To Apply
Helpful Hints When Applying
For the best user experience when accessing the grant management system, we suggest using the latest version of one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari. It is fine to use Internet Explorer although you may encounter some minor technical issues.
Deadlines | Spring 2020
Note: The Fall 2020 funding cycle has been suspended.
Grant deadlines are established each cycle based on anticipated Board Meeting dates.
Deadlines for the Spring 2020 cycle are as follows:
- Letters of Interest:
Must be submitted no later than February 21st, 2020. Early submissions are encouraged.
- Full Application:
Organizations invited to submit a full application will need to submit those materials by April 17, 2020.
Decisions for this funding cycle are anticipated to occur during the month of August.
Note: Applications submitted through the ‘Small Grant’ process may be submitted at any time.